Sunday, May 25, 2008

Humor for Stress Management

Humor and Stress Management

For some it might take a cup of coffee, for others a few rounds of beer or any other booze you can get your hands on, to relax after a hard day's work. Well, I'm guilty of that one myself--although I haven't been caught half-naked, wearing a lampshade on my head after a few rounds of rum... in a long time! Okay, I'm sorry and apologize to everyone if you get nightmares about imagining me in that state of drunken stupor!

Just please, don't even ask how that one happened!

It's interesting, how different people get through the times in life when they're faced with vein-popping stress. Some people rely on their religious faith. Others drink too much, or take drugs. Some people use the new-age stuff like Zen or Yoga. I personally, tend to clench my jaws til my teeth break.

Humor is the absolute best medicine for stress. A good laugh can actually physically release the stress, and help you forget your problems for awhile. It's better to laugh while facing your troubles with a clear mind, than to face them angry, with a clouded vision. One of my favorite "funny guys" would have to be Woody Allen. This guy has that off-the-wall sense of humor and dry wit, that cracks me up. You can probably talk to him about almost anything, and he'd mock the subject and you'll end up laughing, rather than being upset about it.

Here are some of Woody's more quotable quotes:

1. "Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons."

2. "I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

3. "There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?"

On relationships......

4. "Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions."

5. "A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me, she said 'no.'"

On everyday life......

6. "Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

7. "I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

8. "I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose."

9. "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans."

And to sum things up.......

10. "The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have."

I found this great video on youtube about having a sense of humor! Enjoy! Kat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcF7FHc1eSc

No comments: